FROM: THE GENERAL SECRETARY
ALL NEC MEMBERS & PRE-REGISTERED OBSERVERS
DATE: 10th May, 2016
SUBJECT: NOTICE OF NIGERIAN BAR ASSOCIATION NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Dear Learned Silk, Benchers and Distinguished Colleagues,
There will be a meeting of the National Executive Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association on the day, venue and time indicated here-under:
DATE: Wednesday: June 15, 2016 – Arrival
Thursday: June 16, 2016 – NEC Meeting
Friday: June 17, 2016 – Communiqué/Departure
VENUE: Best Western Homeville Hotel, off Sapele Road by Conoil Filling Station or Off Etete by former NNPC Office, GRA, Benin City, Benin Benin, Edo State
TIME: The NEC Meeting will commence by 9:00 a.m. prompt.
- NEC Prayer
- Minutes of the Last NEC Meeting
- President’s Speech
- Matters Arising From The Minutes
- National Secretariat Report
- Reports: Sections, Fora, Committees And Work Groups,
- State of The Nation
- Motions (if any)
- Any Other Business
- Introduction of newly elected Branch Chairmen and Secretaries
Please Note: This meeting is for NEC members and pre-accredited Observers only. In other words participation in the meeting is limited to:
- NBA National Officers
- Past Presidents
- Past General – Secretaries
- Branch Chairmen
- Branch Secretaries
- Branch NEC Representatives
- Co-opted NEC members
- Pre- registered Observers
- Observers must apply through their Branch Chairmen/Secretaries on or before May 31, 2016. Any application received after that date will not be considered. An observer can only attend the NEC Meeting if he/she is pre-registered as an observer.
- Every NEC Member who wishes to move a motion or submit a letter for consideration during the NEC Meeting should please email same to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 31, 2016. Any application or letter received after that date may not be considered.
- All Committees, Sections, Fora and Working Group should please submit their reports on or before May 20, 2016 for inclusion in the NEC bundle of documents.
- Branch Chairmen are to send any reports from their branches to the respective Vice Presidents in charge of their branches. Francis Ekwere (West), Aliyu Nasarawa (East) and Oluwole Akintokunbo (East).
For further inquiries, please contact the Bar Services Unit on 08175751180 and Salamatu Sidi on08035610784. For booking and reservation of hotel accommodation contact Mas’ud Alabelewe, Welfare Secretary on 08059762652/08033039165.
Mazi Afam Osigwe
Please follow and like us: